Your privacy is important to us. It is Tiny Advocates' policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://www.tinyadvocates.com, and other sites we own and operates.
Personal information is any information about you which can be used to identify you. This includes information about you as a person (such as name, address, and date of birth), your devices, payment details, and even information about how you use a website or online service.
This policy is effective as of 8 May 2023.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you. This includes:
- Account Information such as your name, email address, password, phone number.
- Billing Information such as billing address, shipping address, payment information including credit card number, debit card number and other payment method.
When you subscribe to our newsletter or when you contact us, we collect certain information from you.
- This may include one or more of the following: name, email, social media profiles, date of birth, phone/mobile number, home/mailing address.
When you share user-generated content
We may receive your Personal Information from third parties, including:
- Device and Usage Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google
- Account Information and Payment information from another individual when they purchase a gift for you on our website.
- Account Information and Payment Data from social media platforms when you log in our website using social media platforms.
- Content from communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you give us permission to access your data on such third-party services or networks.
- Account Information and Payment Data from third parties, including organizations (such as law enforcement agencies), associations and groups, who share data for the purposes of fraud prevention ad detection and credit card risk reduction.
- Account Information, Payment Data, and Financial Data from providers of technical, payment, and delivery services.
If you provide us, or our service providers, with any Personal Information relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and acknowledge that it will be used in accordance with this Policy. If you believe that your Personal Information has been provided to us improperly, or to otherwise exercise your rights relating to your Personal Information, please contact us by using the information set out in the "Contact us" section.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect and use your Personal Information with your consent to provide, maintain and develop our products and services.
- We use your Order Information to fulfill orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Providing, Developing, and Improving our Products and Services.
- Enable you to access Tiny Advocates Services and set up payments.
- Provide you with customer support.
- To contact you for market research, advertising, marketing.
- To send you newsletters and other marketing communications about current and future products, programs and services, events, promotions, sweepstakes, held by us or hosted on our behalf.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services. For example, ensuring any passwords associated with accessing your personal information and accounts are secure and confidential.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may also use Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you (for example - a newsletter).
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16 Years.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would request a copy of your information, for your data to be deleted, please fill out the form below.
To contact us, please e-mail